1 1/2 pounds Boulder Sausage Italian Sausage
1 1/2 pounds Boulder Sausage Hot Italian Sausage
1/4 cup best quality olive oil
1 large yellow onion,peeled and coarsely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 green bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
8 fresh Italian plum tomatos, quartered
1 cup Spicy tomato sauce
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/2 cup minced fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, plus additional for garnish
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cut the sausages into 1/2 inch slices. heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and add the sausage pieces. Cook stirring occasionally, until the sausage pieces are well browned.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon transfer the meat mixture to a deep casserole.
3. Set the casserole over medium heat and add the peppers. Cook, stirring, until the peppers are slightly wilted, about 7 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, wine, and parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
5. Taste, correct the seasoning, and serve immediately, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Product : Italian Sausage, Hot Italian Sausage